Pinta merupakan sebuah image editor yang bersifat opensource dan merupakan sebuah freeware cross-platform yang cukup mudah digunakan dan tentunya tidak membuat komputer bekerja keras. Pinta bisa dikatakan sebagai versi gratis dari Paint yang merupakan image editor bawaan Windows.
- Redesigned shape tools (demo video):
- The Line tool now supports drawing curves and arrows
- Shapes remain editable after being drawn
- All shape tools now support drawing dashed lines
- All selection tools now support the Union, Exclude, Xor, and Intersection modes
- New community add-in repository – add-ins can be installed through the Add-in Manager dialog (via the Add-ins menu)
- Redesigned New Image dialog, which includes presets, orientation and background options, and a thumbnail preview of the image.
- The toolbox and color palette now have a flexible layout and can expand horizontally, making them significantly more usable on small screens.
- When launching Pinta from the command line, the standard –version and –help options are now supported.
Dan berikut merupakan perbaikan bug pada Pinta 1.6
- Fixed a number of issues with the text tool’s support for Unicode text (#1361560)
- Fixed a number of issues with undoing selections (#1419083, #990350)
- Fixed a number of untranslatable strings throughout Pinta, and the zoom toolbar’s percentages are now formatted using the current locale.
- The text tool now supports the standard shortcuts for toggling bold (Ctrl+B), italic (Ctrl+I), and underline (Ctrl+U), and all of the text can be selected with Ctrl+A.
- Fixed a potential crash after undoing a text action (#1206003)
- Fixed a crash when holding both the left and right mouse buttons with the Pencil tool (#1317284)
- Fixed issues with zooming in very far on large images
- Fixed a potential crash when exiting Pinta (#1171200, #1331893 and #1075472)
- Fixed issues with the toolbar’s state (hidden vs. visible) not being preserved after re-opening Pinta (#1412264)
- Fixed several bugs where undo did not work correctly for the Freeform Shape tool (#1210927, #1422265)
- Fixed a bug where resizing a selection allowed the selection to grow beyond the edge of the canvas (#1195062)
- The selection handles are now larger and easier to click (#1268333)
- Fixed bugs where using the Recolor tool after the Line/Curve tool resulted in odd behavior (#1422710, #1422715)
- The error dialog now includes a link to the bug tracker (#1191357)
- Improved the error message when opening an unsupported file format (#1188993)
- Fixed an issue where cancelling the saving of a jpg image made it appear that the image had actually been saved (#1322878)
- Auto-hiding now works correctly for the history and open images pads (#1358664)
- Auto Crop now works correctly if there is an active selection (#1194859)
- The progress dialog is now modal (#1192926)
- The Backspace and Delete keys are now usable when editing text fields in the toolbar (#1335442)
- Improved the readability of the text cursor against dark backgrounds (#1190862)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pinta-maintainers/pinta-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pinta